MI Research Department on Github
Global Opportunity Index -- GOI
The Global Opportunity Index measures a country’s attractiveness to international investors using a combination of economic, financial, institutional, and regulatory factors. These factors are divided into the following 5 categories:
- Business Perception - measures the constraints facing businesses and the ease for businesses to resolve disputes.
- Economic Fundamentals - captures a country's macroeconomic outlook, workforce talent, and potential for future innovation and development.
- Financial Services - measures the depth and breadth of a country's access to financial services.
- Institutional Framework - captures the extent to which a country's institutions help or hinder business activity.
- International Standards & Policy - measures how integrated a country is within the international community and the likelihood they will conform to international standards.
The interactive map below gives users the ability to compare how a country performs at the category level with their peers – determined by geographic region and income level.
The map also includes historical Global Opportunity Index data, giving users the ability to track a country/region’s performance over the last 5 years (2017-2021). While the variables have changed over time to keep up with the expectations of the investment community, the underlying purpose of the ranking has remained the same.
Link to the list of the variables.
Link to the GOI reports and related work.
Back to MI Research’s main github page